Site logo
ENGLISH

What you need to know

What you need to know - BCD Blog
Updated September 12, 2020

We’re constantly compiling new information on airlines operations, hotel cleanliness and even travel bans. Each report is updated weekly with new information to help you be in the know and how best to prepare for your upcoming travel.

Untitled design (5)

Breathe easier

Updated September 03, 2020

Time for some good news. High-tech filtration and low-tech masks are making flying safer. On many passenger planes, about 40 percent of a cabin’s air gets filtered through a HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) system; the remaining 60 percent is fresh and piped in from outside the plane. “Cabin air is completely changed every three minutes, on average, while the aircraft is cruising,” says Dr. Bjoern Becker of Lufthansa. And of course wearing masks may also help mitigate the chance that passengers will get infected (or infect other travelers) along with the use of highly effective HEPA air filters in place on most commercial planes.

Read more

(This article is shared as information only and should not be considered as medical or legal advice.)

breath easier

Packing Checklist

Updated August 29, 2020

It’s more important than ever to make sure you understand the requirements and regulations for your destination. Both for entry and exit. And any stops in between. Be prepared. There are many reliable resources for you to gather information for your upcoming trip. This information changes frequently. Stay informed of any new restrictions that may impact your trip.

Checklist

  • Several protective face masks as most carriers and local municipalities require both the nose and mouth to be covered in public locations. Local laws differ so be prepared with extra masks to cover your entire stay.

  • Your company’s emergency and medical assistance information easily available.

  • Confirm any COVID-19 related protocol with the onsite management of any office or location you will visiting to ensure your safety and that you are prepared for any local requirements.

  • Consider bringing your health insurance information, vaccination records and blood type.

  • A pair of slippers or disposable shoes for your hotel stay.

  • A small packet of laundry powder.

  • Non perishable food items.

Before I Go